Sunday 27 January 2013

Swansea star Michu hopes to win Capital One Cup and play for Spain in February

Michu: Hoping to win Capital One Cup and earn his first cap for Spain
Swansea star Michu hopes to celebrate a dream double in February by winning the Capital One Cup and earning his first cap for Spain.
Michu, who signed a new deal at Swansea earlier this week, helped the club to next month's final with victory over Chelsea and he is in line for his debut for Spain against Uruguay.
The 26-year-old is determined to secure the first medal of his career by helping Swansea overcome Bradford in the Capital One Cup final at Wembley.
"I hope it will be a great February for me. Playing for Spain and winning at Wembley would be great," said Michu.
"I believe we can win at Wembley and play in Europe. We have done well in the league and now we're in a cup final.
"It's the most important game of my career and if we win it will be the first title of my career.
"I've also never been to Wembley but I hope to play well in the final, with Swansea bringing home the trophy.
"It will be a difficult game against Bradford but we can win. I am also happy to hear that Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque says I'm playing the best football in my career."
Michu, who has scored 16 goals already this season, has played down talk that he is already a Swansea legend following his exploits this term.
"I have been confident in my ability this season. But I'm not a legend at Swansea," added Michu.
"I try to work hard and score goals for the team."
Read original post here: Michu hopes for carling cup

No comments:

Post a Comment