Wednesday 30 January 2013

Spurs set to make last-ditch £15m bid for Damiao but Lennon is cool on Hooper move

Spurred on to move? Brazilian Leandro Damiao could be the subject of a £15m bid from Tottenham in the closing days of the transfer windowTottenham will attempt to prise Leandro Damiao from Internacional with a £15m offer after the Brazilian club moved for another striker Luan from Palmeiras.
Tottenham had considered Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla but negotiations are not straightforward while 25-year-old Eder of Sporting Braga is another on their list.
A deal for Damiao will also be difficult to pull off at this late stage however.

 Meanwhile, Celtic manager Neil Lennon today played down speculation that Gary Hooper had been approached by Tottenham.
'There is nothing. We have had two bids in from Norwich and that's been it. It won't surprise me if another bid comes in but the answer will be the same,' he said.
'People are working hard down the road, maybe to unsettle the player for their own reasons. I have left Gary to it.

Off the mark: Wellington Paulista was delighted to have scored his first goal for West Ham's Development Squad 'I spoke to him maybe a week to ten days ago. He is playing brilliantly, it hasn’t seemed to have affected him.
 'Everyone has a price but the timing would be so wrong for everything we want to push forward with.
'This is the difficulty of the transfer window; you only have a certain space of time, there is a lot of uncertainly. All managers probably feel a bit vulnerable. My main aim is to keep Gary Hooper here.'
 Elsewhere, West Ham's Brazilian striker Wellington Paulista has spoken of his delight after scoring for the club's Under-21 side in a 2-0 victory over Arsenal on Monday.
One of the three permitted overage players, Wellington opened the scoring for his side early on before 19-year-old Matthias Fanimo added a second on the half-hour mark.
Paulista said: 'I am very happy to have scored a goal in my first game in a West Ham shirt. It wasn't in the Premier League, because I'm still in preparation.
'I enjoyed my run out in the game and I'm getting closer to my debut with the first-team. It may even happen against Swansea this weekend. I am eager and hopeful ahead of my first start.'

No comments:

Post a Comment